Message from Rob Gardner about Head Teacher Recruitment taken from the Newsletter (3rd April 2020)
Dear Fair Oak Family,
Firstly, I have to say a huge thank you to our incredible staff team for their hard work and dedication. I have been immensely proud of them. Everyone from the site team to the leadership team have worked so hard to keep you informed and to create some very ‘out of the box’ resources. As you know, Mr De Silva will be leaving us at the end of this academic year and governors are tasked with finding the next Head Teacher for Fair Oak Junior School.
A number of applications came in for the post, however on Wednesday afternoon the Head Teacher Recruitment panel took the decision to postpone the recruitment process for later in the year, due to the current situation we find ourselves in with COVID19. Whilst there was a possibility of holding a ‘virtual’ process, the panel felt (rightly) that we need to see the candidates with members of the school community – we need to see them interacting with children.
What does this mean? This means that we won’t have a permanent Head Teacher for September. I am currently working with the district manager for Eastleigh and Winchester on putting in place interim arrangements, including an interim head.
Whilst we would all like a smooth transition between Mr De Silva and the next permanent head of the school, this will now not be possible; however, I look forward to sharing more information with you about the interim arrangements as soon as these are in place.
If you have any questions about the process, please do get in touch with me via the office.
Welcome to the Head Teacher recruitment page. Following the news that Mr De Silva will be leaving us at the end of this academic year, we look forward to appointing our next Head Teacher to continue our journey. Fair Oak is an amazing place to work, with hugely supportive children, staff, parents and governors.
The video below will give you the staff and pupil 'wish list'.
Parents would like:
- someone who can support each child to reach their full potential
- a head teacher who is approachable, knowledgeable and organised
- someone who will nurture children to grow into happy, confident learners with a thirst for knowledge
- someone with strong moral values and is scrupulously fair
- a head who is caring, inspirational, collaborative and determined to do the very best for all the children
- someone who maintains what’s great about Fair Oak and makes it even better
- a headteacher who will inspire children to shine through performance be they academic, practical or art
- a head teacher who believes in fun and laughter
- a headteacher who will provide children with opportunities to find their passion for learning
- someone who communicates well with children
- a head who spends time with the children
- a head teacher who exudes energy and enthusiasm to instil a love of learning in the children
If you are interested in applying for the post, please go to the Hampshire Education Jobs page. The pack can be found below. Good luck!