At Fair Oak Junior School we believe that the wearing of a school uniform encourages pride in the school, helps children to feel they belong to the school community and makes them look ready to work. We expect children to wear school uniform and ask parents to support us in ensuring that children come to school dressed appropriately. Please ask if you have any questions concerning school uniform.
Please note that following consultation with parents and children, the school uniform will be changing from September 2019. Please click here to go to the uniform policy, as approved by governors, for September 2019.
School uniform should be selected from the following items:
- Grey or black school trousers
- Grey or black skirts
- Tailored black or grey shorts (boys and girls)
- Green striped or gingham dresses (in Summer)
- Bottle green sweatshirts or cardigans (for girls) with House Badges
- White polo shirts
- White polo shirts with the school logo
- Black school shoes with low heels
- School bags
- Green Reversible Fleece/Showerproof Jacket with school logo, to wear as an outer garment
- Girls - Sandals may be worn in the summer term (black or white - no sling backs or slip-ons). Sandals should be flat - no high heels. Pupils should wear socks.
PE and Sports Clothing Kit List:
- School PE t-shirt in House colours
- Green PE shorts
- Non marking trainers
- Shin Pads. Used for football and hockey lessons
- White socks*
- Earring tape (where appropriate)
- Green/ white rugby shirt with school logo (optional)
- Plain black tracksuit bottoms for warmth in winter (optional)
- PE kit should be kept in a draw-string bag on the child's peg.
*Tights are not to be worn for PE lessons
Polo Shirts can be purchased for representing School
- Green Polo Shirt - music events
- Yellow Polo Shirt - sports events
- It is essential that all items of clothing and bags should be clearly marked with the child’s name.
- Coats should be plain if possible. It is essential for coats to have a strong 'hanging' loop. A warm bottle green reversible showerproof fleece, with the school logo, is available.
- The wearing of jewellery is not permitted. Rings, dangling earrings and necklaces can be dangerous. 1 x Small plain stud earring in each lobe and watches are allowed, but must be removed for PE and sports activities.
- Nose studs, retainers or body piercings are not allowed.
- Hair – Modest in style and colour – nothing less than grade 2. No large Hair accessories (e.g. bows) larger than 6cm (approx) and not in distracting colours – preferably to be in dark green and/or black. Hair bands are permitted, but please ensure that they are not in distracting colours and not with large (bigger than 6cm) additions, such as bows. Ideally, long hair should be tied back.
- No Snoods or neckerchiefs during learning time
- No makeup or nail varnish
We have two local suppliers of school uniform, Schoolkit and Swift.
- Skoolkit is used to supply our school uniform and they have a number of branches in the local area. This is the link to the Skoolkit website where you will be able to order uniform, rucksacks and other items. Alternatively you can telephone Skoolkit at their main branch locally on 02380 651278.
- Swift is a local company that we have used to supply our uniform for many years. This is the link to the Swift website where you will be able to order uniform, rucksacks, PE bags and money belts as and when required. Alternatively you can telephone Swift on 02380 600500.
- Water bottles will still be available from the school at a cost of £1.50.