At Fair Oak Junior School we believe that the wearing of a school uniform encourages pride in the school, helps children to feel they belong to the school community and makes them look ready to work. We expect children to wear school uniform and ask parents to support us in ensuring that children come to school dressed appropriately. Please ask if you have any questions concerning school uniform.
Please note - the uniform has been transitioning. The list below is the new uniform. From September 2020, all children will be required to wear the new school uniform.
School uniform should be selected from the following items:
- A white shirt
- A school tie - green with thin silver lines. The representing tie (awarded to a child if they have represented the school) is silver with thin green lines
- A school branded jumper, cardigan or tank top - which included the house colours on the collar and/ or
- A school branded green blazer. If you would like to purchase a house badge, these can be bought from the school office for £1
- Black trousers or shorts or skirts or pinafore
- Black or grey socks/ tights
- Black school shoes with low heels
- Summer dresses with white/ black sandals can be worn in the summer - not flip flops
PE and Sports Clothing Kit List:
- A branded school PE t-shirt
- Black PE shorts
- Non marking trainers
- Earring tape (where appropriate) *Tights are not to be worn for PE lessons
- It is essential that all items of clothing and bags should be clearly marked with the child’s name.
- Coats should be plain if possible. It is essential for coats to have a strong 'hanging' loop. A warm bottle green reversible showerproof fleece, with the school logo, is available.
- The wearing of jewellery is not permitted. Rings, dangling earrings and necklaces can be dangerous. 1 x Small plain stud earring in each lobe and watches are allowed, but must be removed for PE and sports activities (if this is not possible, please provide your child with earring tape).
- Nose studs, retainers or body piercings are not allowed.
- Hair – Modest in style and colour – nothing less than grade 2. No large Hair accessories (e.g. bows) larger than 6cm. All hair accesories must be in dark green or black and will not have jewellery studs on them. Hair bands are permitted, but please ensure that they are black or dark green and with large (bigger than 6cm) additions, such as bows. Ideally, long hair should be tied back.
- No Snoods or neckerchiefs during learning time
- No makeup or nail varnish
School uniform can be purchased from Skoolkit, Eastleigh.
- Skoolkit is used to supply our school uniform and they have a number of branches in the local area. This is the link to the Skoolkit website where you will be able to order uniform, rucksacks and other items. Alternatively you can telephone Skoolkit at their main branch locally on 02380 651278.