OAK BITES 27th March 2020
Dear Fair Oak Family,
Happy Friday Fair Oak Family!
Please follow us on Twitter @FairOakJS
I hope that your first week has gone well. School definitely doesn’t feel quite right without all the children in.
I am now delighted to announce that we have launched a YouTube channel. Click here to watch the video on how to access it.
So what do you need to do?
- Find our channel – as per the hyperlinked video above
- Subscribe to the video so that you receive alerts of new learning videos
- Have fun!
What will be available?
Playlists have been created for each year group and will include:
- Daily maths – this will be daily for the next 4 weeks. After this, there will be 3 videos a week
- Weekly English
The whole school playlist will include introductory videos and extra activities, including:
- Music provided by our guitar teacher, Jo.
- Anything else we can come up with!
Please note that children at school will complete the same learning – especially in English and Maths.
Purple Mash - Teachers have been busy creating blogs on Purple Mash. Please contact the school office if your child hasn’t got his/her log in details. It is fabulous to hear from the children via the class blogs and to see evidence of their learning, including activities they have completed with their parents. Please note that teachers won’t be responding to blog entries over the weekends and when they are taking their Easter ‘break’ (at points throughout the next 14 weeks), so there may be times when teachers do not respond. Please could parents speak to their children about how the blog is a positive learning platform, and should only be used to show work, and to support and encourage friends. If your child makes unsuitable ‘bloggin choices,’ they may be removed.
Lunches – If your child receives free school meals, please contact the school office if you would like to collect a packed lunch.
For those in school – classified as Vulnerable and Key Worker
- If your child is ill, do not send them into school
- Please wash school uniform daily – no need for ties to be worn during this period
- Hair must be up
- Registers for the next week are sent via survey monkey –please complete by 2pm on the Friday before. You will be sent a link via email
- Breakfast club will continue for the time being, although this may change soon
- After School Club is cancelled until further notice
If you have not registered as a Key Worker with the school (and if you qualify), please contact the office. Please note that the school office will be open from 8.15am each day, not 8am.
So, who’s finding it difficult to spin all the plates at home? If so, …you’re not alone. Whilst timetables are out there, please remember that the current situation we are in is far from normal and you, as I’ve said before, need to be kind to yourself. If you are struggling, try this link:
This situation is also going to be strange for your child.Children sometimes need more time to process things. Mrs Cooper sent out some information about explaining COVID 19 to children. Please see the links below:
As always, we are always here to help. Look after yourselves and our children.
Mr De Silva